Christmas Plaque by Shary
Hi Shary here and today I'd like to show you how to make a pretty Christmas plaque using one of my favourite Little Claire Christmas stamps, Star of Wonder.
Little Claire "Star of Wonder" digi stamp
Little Claire Glitter self adhesive film
Little Claire Snowflakes on pale blue papers
White and pale blue card
Wow embossing glitter powders or glitter
Pale blue ribbon
(1) Take your MDF shape , I have used a 15cm x 12.5 cm rectangular one
and cover with the snowflake paper. I used Collal glue as it's nice and strong. Turn the plaque over and trim off the paper using a craft knife.
(2) Ink around the edges with a contrasting ink.
(3) I've used a Star of Wonder image but you can decide which image you would like to use. Using a digi image means that you can size it correctly to fit your plaque.
(4) Colour your image and then cut it out. Add some sparkle (glitter or glitter embossing powder) to his scarf, the snow and star.
(5) Find a sentiment that you like and then add more sparkle for that extra Christmassy feel.
(6) Adhere your image and sentiment to the plaque.
(7) Cut a piece of the glitter self adhesive film to size so it fits over your plaque. Peel of the backing and lay over your plaque.
(8) Rub over the film with your fingertips making sure you press firmly around the image and sentiment to remove all the creases.
(9) Turn plaque over and cut off excess glitter film with a craft knife.
(10) Add some lovely contrasting ribbon so you can hang your plaque.
Hope you have enjoyed my blog project today.