Thursday 17 March 2016

Thursday Blog Project with Sarah - Box Frame Sampler

Good Morning Everyone! 


It's Sarah here with a new LC Designs Project. I decided to raid my stamps and use lots of the 'dinkie' sized stamps for this 9 square sampler. 


Here is a list of materials and products I used for this project: 

8 x 8 Wooden Box Frame
Little Claire Stamp - At Home Stamp Set
Little Claire Stamp - Tea Party Stamp Set
Little Claire Digi-Stamp -  Trailing Birdhouse 2
Little Claire Stamps - Dinkie Pincushion Birdy 
Little Claire Stamp - Dinkie Single Flowers Hedgehog Stamp
Little Claire Stamp - Dinkie Butterfly Cat Stamp
Little Claire Stamp - Butterfly Flourish Stamp Set
Little Claire Stamp - Dinkie Boxed Dandelion 
Little Claire Stamp - Butterfly Tree Stamp Set
Smooth white Card Stock - to stamp and print on 
2 Inch Square Die
White leaves embossed paper
  Distress Inks, Watercolour Brush
Various coloured Pearls
Foam pads and Glue


I stamped 9 different images I thought would look nice in a sampler and cut them out using a 2" square die. If the stamped image was larger than the die I cut around the over hang of the stamped part and layed this over the die so it would not cut (as above). I also cut on my guillotine 9 x 2 1/2" squares for boarders.


I trimmed my 12 x 12 paper to 8 x 8 and used 3 Distress Inks to go over the sheet blending in a random pattern to create a background.


I used these colours to ink the 2 1/2" square boarders and also to paint the stamped images with a watercolour brush to create a soft and matching tonal range for each small sampler.


To finish I added different coloured pearls to each piece and then layered these onto the background with foam pads using a thin strip of card for guidance and measuring.


 These sampler style art pieces are so pretty. Any colours could be used to match where you wish to hang the frame :)

 Thanks for stopping by to take a look, hope you enjoyed the Box Frame Sampler!


Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet idea Sarah, really pretty.

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fantastic make! Thanks Sarah, we are loving this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just love this! Beautiful background paper you made! Love the image squares you made; they are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous project Sarah! Thanks for sharing the tip about over laying the stamped image on the die- I was wondering how you had done it so neatly. Lou x

    ReplyDelete