Good morning everyone, it's Helen N here with this week's Friday Blog Project and I'm going to show you how to make a simple scene card using one of the new Silhouette Outline Stickers and some of the gorgeous Little Claire Ombre paper.
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
blue paper or card
black paper or card
14.5cm square card blank
Promarkers - I used Vanilla and Saffron
March Flowers Stamp Set (for the sentiment)
And this is what you need to do:
1. Carefully peel one of the outline sticker squares off the sheet and place it face down on your cutting mat. Line up the bottom edge of the sticker with one of the lines on the mat as shown in the photo below:
2. Choose one of the papers from the Mini Ombre Paper Pack. Place the paper face down over the outline sticker square using the lines on your cutting mat as a guide. This will ensure that your outline sticker is straight across the ombre design as shown in the photo below:
3. Cut out the outline sticker square using the edges of the sticker to guide your scissors and put this to one side.
4. I've put lots of layers on my card base so I thought I would share my tip for getting the layers of papers straight and evenly spaced. Put a piece of double sided tape along each edge of the piece of paper and then peel off a small 'tab' at one end of each piece of tape as shown in the photo below:
5. Mat the layer on to the bigger piece of paper - the tabs will mean that you have room to move the top piece of paper easily if you don't get it straight first time. Once you're happy with the layers, pull the tabs to remove the rest of the tape.
6. The layers I've used are (working up from the base) 14cm square of blue card, 13.5cm square of black paper, 13cm square of blue card, 11.5cm square of black paper and finally an 11cm square of Ombre paper. This is from the full size pack and the designs in this and the Mini Ombre Paper Pack match so you can use the same colours.
A tip when you cut the Ombre paper is to ensure that you cut the same amount from each side of the paper. The paper measures 14cm square in the pack and on my card, the piece I've used measures 11cm square. If you just cut 3cm off two sides of the paper, you will end up with more of one colour of the ombre shading than the other. Instead make sure you cut 1.5cm off each side of the paper so you keep the ombre colouring even.
7. Mat the sticker square on to the front of the card matching up the ombre colours on the base paper. Colour the sun with Promarkers - I've used Vanilla and Saffon as I felt the darker yellow colours looked better against the background. Stamp a sentiment and finish the card with black gems:
Here are some more cards I created with the new Silhouette Outline Sticker sheets:
'Silhouette House' sheet
Outline stickers are a great option when you want a quick but effective card.
I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial - don't forget to visit us tomorrow for our new monthly challenge.