I love the effect of paper piecing so I wanted to show you how easy it is to paper piece using a digi stamp. There are a few photos as I wanted to show you step by step how to master this technique.
1. Print the image onto white cardstock.
2. Choose the patterned paper that you want to use and use masking tape to attach it over the stamped image on the card. Put the card through the printer again. By doing it this way you ensure that the image does print on the patterned paper where you want it.
3. Cut out the pieces you require. In this case I cut out two flowers of each colour from the patterned paper and I also cut out all four flower squares as I wanted to mount them seperately onto coloured card. For the contrasting colour card I cut out a large piece measuring 9.5cm by 20.5cm for the backing and a smaller piece 4.8cm by 18cm to mount the flower squares onto. I also cut another piece of white card 9cm by 20cm.
4. Attach the white card to the large contrasting card. Place the smaller contrasting card in the centre of the card and place the flower squares on top. Use the patterned flowers you have cut out to paper piece the flowers.
5. Finish the card by doing some doodling around the edges. Add a gem to each corner and a peel off sentiment. You can also add some glitter to the centre of the flowers.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and will have a go. You will be surprised how easy it is and gives your digi stamps a new lease of life.