Where possible I like to re-purpose/recycle things, even paper that has only had something printed on one side. Technically it could go straight in the recycle bin but I like to use it thoroughly before throwing it away. Normally I just clip the paper together with a bulldog clip, instead I thought I would make myself something a little prettier. Here is my shopping list holder:
- Butterflies in a Butterfly Digi Stamp
- Bunting Stamp Set
- Purple Inkpad
- Alcohol Markers
- White Stamping Card
- Lilac/Aqua Patterned Paper
- Purple and Turquoise Card
- 16cm by 22.5cm Piece of Thick White Cardboard (recycled from packing materials)
- Corner Die
- Ribbon, Paper Flowers and White Bulldog Clip
- Scrap paper
Step by Step:
- Distress the edges of the thick white card with purple ink and cover with a piece of aqua patterned paper measuring 15.5cm 22cm. (Unless you are using 12x12 or A4 paper you will need to use two pieces, the join can be hidden by some ribbon or a border).
- Die-cut 8 corners from turquoise card and fix to the base.
- Cut a 14cm by 10cm piece of lilac patterned paper, mat onto purple card and fix to the top half of the base .
- Print the butterfly 5 times onto white stamping card.
- Trim one butterfly into a square and mat onto purple, then turquoise card. Colour the main butterfly with a dark grey alcohol marker and fix to the patterned panel with 3D foam pads.
- Cut out the remaining butterflies so you end up with the top wings, the bottom wings, the two small bottom pieces and the body. Colour these with alcohol markers and layer up using 3D foam pads or glue gel.
- Using purple ink stamp the bunting onto lilac patterned paper to spell ‘Shopping List’. Cut out and fix to the patterned panel using 3D foam pads.
- Add paper flowers to the bottom left of the butterfly.
- And lastly use the bulldog clip to attach your recycled paper.
Here is a close up of the top
Hope you like my project and are inspired to try something similar.
Thanks for stopping by