Welcome to another Friday blog project - Helen N here this week with a Dinkie tag card for you. The stamp I've used is part of a brand new range from Little Claire called Dinkies and if you haven't seen them yet, have a look here on the website.
The Dinkies are a gorgeous selection of Little Claire favourites which have been made smaller than the original designs and they are all priced at £2. But just because they are smaller, it doesn't mean that they only work on small cards. The smaller design gives you lots of scope for repeat stamping, building up patterns and making different shaped cards plus they are perfect for ATCs.
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
white sheer ribbon
Spellbinders Labels 11 dies
Spellbinders Lacey Circle dies
corner rounder punch
And here's what you need to do:
1. Using the smallest die, cut three shapes from white card. Stamp the Poppies stamp twice on to each shape as shown in the photo below.
2. Colour these panels using the Poppy and Pear Green Promarkers
3. Next using the next size up Labels die cut three shapes from the kraft paper. Then die cut a circle from the Lacey Circles set again from the kraft paper. You also need to cut four pieces of kraft paper measuring 8.5cm by 7cm and four pieces of the red paper measuring 8cm by 6cm. Use the corner rounder punch to round the bottom two corners of each piece of paper.
4. Stamp your choice of sentiment from the 'Dictionary Definitions' set on white card and then cut round the sentiment. Mat this on to the kraft circle die cut.
5. Assemble the first, second and fourth panel of the tag card as shown in the photo below. On the third panel attach the kraft and red paper as for the other panels and then add the sentiment.
6. Next you need to colour your ribbon. Promarkers colour white sheer ribbon beautifully and if you do this, your ribbon will always match the colours in your project. To colour the ribbon, put it flat on a piece of scrap paper and use the chisel end of the Promarker to sweep along the ribbon making sure your pen covers the whole of the ribbon including the edge. With darker colours (like the Poppy) you will probably only need to go over the ribbon once to colour it but if you're using a paler colour, you might need to go over it a few times.
7. Cut four pieces of ribbon and tie them through the holes at the top of the tag card. A little tip for getting the ribbons all the same length is to close the card, hold all the ribbons together and then trim them.
8. And here's the finished card again:
I hope you like my card and don't forget to head over to the website here to have a look at the full range of Dinkies.