Good morning everyone - it's Helen here with a quick tutorial showing you how to make this month's club stamp set card.
The club stamp set for May is the beautiful 'Silhouette Stamp Set' and this is what it looks like:
You can find the set here on the Little Claire website together with details of the monthly club and all the benefits you will get from being a club member.
When I designed the card for this month's stamp set I decided to use the silhouette stamp of the dancing couple. For a different look, I've stamped the silhouette and the sentiment on to script paper and layered with dark brown paper. Club members receive a pack of the pre-cut materials needed to make the card.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Stamp the dancing couple silhouette on to a piece of script paper using an Onyx Black Versafine ink pad. The Versafine ink pads are wetter than Memento ink pads and I think they are the best ink pad for stamping silhouettes.
In the first photo below I've lined the script paper up with the lines on my cutting mat. If you line up the stamp on your acrylic block and then line up your paper it will help you to stamp straight over the script on the paper.
I would recommend standing up to stamp a silhouette - make sure you put plenty of pressure on the acrylic block and press very firmly over larger areas of the stamp eg the dancing couple.
2. Cut out the silhouette and then mat it on to dark brown card as shown in the photo below:
3. Next assemble the base card. I've used a square of dark brown paper and a square of patterned script paper on the base. Fold the other half of the card to form the top of the easel and mat dark brown and script paper onto it as shown in the photo below:
4. Stamp the sentiment on to a piece of script paper and mat on to a piece of dark brown card as shown in the photo below:
5. Attach the image panel to the front flap of the card as shown in the photo below - remember only to put tape or glue on the lower half of the image panel! Then attach the sentiment panel to the base of the card using foam pads - this will form the stopper of your easel. Finally, add self adhesive gems to embellish:
There are another two new silhouette stamps on the website - you can find them all in the Silhouette Stamps section of the website here. Keep an eye on the Little Claire blog over the next few days for lots of inspiration from the Design Team using the silhouette stamps.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday whatever you're doing.