Good morning everyone - it's Helen N here with this week's Friday blog project and I've made a shaker card using this month's club stamp set.
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
pale blue card
6" square card blank
shaker contents (I've used table confetti)
white Card Candi
your choice of colouring medium
circle and scalloped circle dies (I've used Spellbinders dies)
large double sided foam pads or foam tape
And this is what you need to do:
1. Cut a piece of what card measuring 11.5cm square and stamp the three snowman image in the middle of the card using the Memento ink. Colour the image. I always use a pale grey pen (I use the Cool Grey 1 Promarker) to outline the snow on the image. So here I've used it on the roofs and around the lines of the snowmen. I think it gives a bit more depth than just leaving the snow white.
2. Cut a square of pale blue card measuring 12.5cm square and mat on to this a square of patterned paper measuring 12cm square. Die cut a circle out of the middle of this panel - I used the second largest Spellbinders die.
3. Turn the panel over and put strips of double sided tape along each edge. Cut a piece of acetate measuring 12cm square and attach to the tape to form the window over the aperture. Next stick pieces of foam tape around the edge of the aperture making sure you stick each piece right up to the corner of the previous piece as shown in the picture below. The tape is going to form the seal to keep the contents of your shaker card in place so you need to make sure nothing can get out.
4. Put your stamped image flat on the table and put some of your shaker contents on top of the image. Don't overload the shaker - the table confetti I've used is quite big so I put too much in it would cover the image! Use an anti-static pad or a cotton but with some talc on it to rub along the inside edge of the foam pads - this helps stop the shaker contents sticking to the pads. Place the patterned paper panel over the stamped image and then press gently to ensure the foam pads are stuck down.
5. Next cut a frame out of white card to go round the aperture. Use the same circle die you used to cut out the aperture in the patterned paper panel and the scalloped die which is the next size up as shown in the photo below:
6. This is how your die cut frame shout look:
7. Stick the frame round the aperture.
8. For the base of the card, cut a piece of blue card measuring 14cm square. Mat a piece of patterned paper measuring 13.5cm square on top of this as shown in the photo below:
9. Stick the shake unit to the front of the card as shown in the photo below. Stamp the sentiment and trim around it, attaching it to a piece of pale blue card and then to one of the corners of the card. Put Card Candi in the other three corners:
I hope you've enjoyed my little project and that it inspires you to do some Christmas crafting!
Helen N x