Friday 4 October 2013

Friday Blog Project.......Calendar Easel Card

Morning everyone,

Writing up this Friday blog project on Sunday afternoon after a glorious weekend.......hubbie and I visited Grasmere on Saturday - walked around Grasmere Lake and into the shops full of Christmas goodies and Calendars for 2014......inspiration for today's project gathered!

I have used Spiroflowers and Butterfly Flourish stamps from Little Claire.....the Spiroflowers reminding me of the grasses and seed heads we saw on our ramble.


I have used a 6" x 6" kraft card as my base card, taking an additional half from another kraft card to create my easel card.


Papers cut for matting and layering in 4mm increments.  The brown paper is from my stash.


The punch is from Martha Stewart and the Blank Canvas Paper Pad from Little Claire.


Bow created with polka dot organza ribbon from Little Claire using my simple and easy to use bowmaker.  The Spiroflower stamp is positioned around the paper to create a random pattern and the dragonfly from the Butterfly Flourish set being the main focus.  All are stamped using Memento brown ink......I think the turquoise, cream and brown a fabulous combination.


By adding the double sided tape to the base card I find it easier to line up the easel topper.


The topper embellished with the above.....................


Quick and easy not a promarker in sight.......................think my mum-in-law will appreciate this later in the year...................Hope you likey..................xxGaynor


3 comments:

  1. such a pretty calender - clever idea! Just wanted to say how fabulous the new months stamps are - love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Gaynor! Beautiful colours and layout, thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant card. Lovely design and awesome color choice.

    ReplyDelete