Hello from the Little Claire team and a big thank you to all our new followers - it's great to have you on board and we hope you're enjoying the blog!
This week's project is especially for anyone who still needs to make lots of Christmas cards and has just realised that today is the first day of December!!
Design Team member Gaynor has put together instructions for this lovely card which is quick to make but still looks great!
Here's what you will need:
piece of patterned backing paper measuring 14.5cm by 14.5cm
border of backing paper punched using Martha Stewart Heart Border punch
Martha Stewart Corner Snowflake punch
gold mirri card
7 gold mirri Card Candi
Red Gingham 'Oh Christmas Tree' stamp
Red Gingham Christmas Text sentiment stamp
Marianne Die Flower
Promarkers (colours in photo below)
double sided tape
3D foam pads
embossed snowflake vellum paper
And here's what you need to do:
1. Assemble all the components you need to make the card:
2. Punch the top right corner of the stamped image panel with the snowflake punch. Rounch the bottom left hand corner and top right corner of the mirri card using the corner rounder punch.
3. Layer the torn vellum strip and heart punched border on to the base backing paper layer. Mat the stamped image on to the mirri card. Fix to the scalloped card base using double sided tape.
4. Punch out the sentiment using the scalloped punch and layer on to 2" scalloped mirri punched card. Fix die mirri gold flower and sentiment using 3D foam pads. Fix the punched white snowflake from the corner punch to centre of the mirri flower.
5. Fix the gold mirri Card Candi using foam pads. Colour the tree and sentiment images using Promarkers:
6. Add glitter glue to highlight and add dimension.
We hope this has given you all some inspiration to finish off those last few Christmas cards - or maybe to actually start making your cards for those of you who haven't started yet!!
We'd love to hear what you're doing at the moment - are you still making Christmas cards or are you working on other projects? Leave us a comment and let us know.
We'll be back tomorrow with some of the cards made by our Design Team using the brand new December club stamp - have a look here to see all the details.