Good morning everyone - hope you're having a lovely weekend. It's Helen here with a photo tutorial to show you how to assemble to brand new Pop Up Box Cards which are now available on the website here.
1. First of all, open up the card blank and then score it as shown in the photo below:
2. Decorate the card before assembling it. I started with the shorter panels which are the ones split up into three separate pieces. These panels are going to fold down round the opening of the card - bear this in mind if your paper has a 'right way'. When you make your first card and are working out how it all fits together, it's probably easiest to use a pattern like spots or gingham. I've used paper from the 'Mini Quirky Quilts Paper' which is here. Attach three pieces to the card base as shown in the photos below.
3. Turn the card over and decorate the three longer panels with coordinating paper.
4. Stick some tape (red line tape if you have it) on the little tab, fold this round and sticker inside the box to give you the shape in the photo below. Stick a final piece of patterned paper on the top half of the panel at the back of the card - this will be behind your stamps backdrop.
5. Next separate the two struts and fold them as shown in the photo below:
6. I've kept my card very simple and have used two images from the 'Lovely Hedgehog Stamp Set' which is here on the Little Claire website. I would suggest leaving a gap at the bottom of your image to allow it to be seen over the edge of the box. Layer the images on to kraft card as shown in the photo below:
7. I've attached an image panel to the two opposite ends of the struts as shown in the photo below:
8. Attach tape to both ends of the strut and stick these to the inside of the box card as shown in the photo below:
9. I finished my card with a sentiment from the 'Dictionary Definitions' set, some gems and a little punched flowers.
And here's the finished card again.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend