Our July club stamp set is the very cute 'Christmas Scotties' - a great set with four different stamps plus two great sentiments:
You can find the set here on the Little Claire website.
Also brand new on the website are two paper packs designed to coordinate with the stamp set or to be used on their own. Both sets contain the same designs of paper:
There's the 'Puppy Christmas' paper pack here - each of the sheets in this paper measure 14cm square. The same paper designs are also available in the 'Mini Puppy Christmas' pack here - each of the sheets in this pack measures 8cm square.
If you're a member of the Little Claire club, you will have received the materials and instructions to make a card that I designed using the stamps and some of the paper from the 'Puppy Christmas' pack. Here's another view of the card:
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
2 card blanks measuring 12.5cm and 10cm square
colouring medium of your choice
clear glitter glue
And this is what you need to do:
1. Trim the front of the larger card blank so you are left with a flap measuring 6.5cm wide. On to this flap, mat a piece of kraft paper measuring 6cm by 12cm and then a piece of the red and green diamond paper measuring 5.5cm by 11.5cm. On the inside of the same card blank, mat a piece of kraft paper measuring 12cm square and a piece of red and green diamond paper measuring 11.5cm square as shown in the photo below:
2. Next, take the smaller card blank and turn it so the fold is on the RIGHT HAND SIDE ie the opposite way to normal. On the front and inside of the card, mat pieces of kraft paper measuring 9.5cm square and a piece of the dog paper measuring 9cm square as shown in the photo below:
3. Cut a piece of white card to measure 6.5cm (wide) by 5cm (high). Stamp the large single dog image on to the card and add the ‘Merry Christmas’ sentiment as shown. Colour and then mat this on to a piece of kraft paper measuring 7cm by 5.5cm and attach to the front of the smaller card, making sure the fold is still to the right:
4. Cut a piece of white card to measure 6cm (wide) by 5.5cm (high). Stamp two of the dogs from the line of three on to this piece of card. To do this – stick a piece of masking tape over one of the dogs, ink the stamp, remove the masking tape and quickly apply a clean piece of tape. Stamp the image towards the bottom of the piece of card and then add the ‘Christmas wish’ sentiment as shown on the photo. Mat this on to a piece of kraft paper measuring 6.5cm by 6cm and attach to the inside of the smaller card, again making sure the fold is still to the right:
5. Attach the smaller card to the inside of the larger card as shown – the flap on the front of the larger card slots between the two sides of the smaller card:
6. Run a thin line of clear glitter glue around the edge of the image on the front of the card and also the dog paper on the front of the card. Attach four red gems as shown in the photo below:
And here's the finished card again:
I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial. Don't forget to keep checking back here to the blog to see lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team using the 'Christmas Scotties' stamp set.