I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and that those of you who were at the Harrogate GNPE had a great time - it was a fabulous show and it was lovely to see everyone there!
So, it's the beginning of another week already and time for another weekly project from one of our Design Team members. This week's project is from Helen Nile and uses our very cute owl set "The Right Time" which you can find here on the website plus the matching circle sentiment from "Claire's Sentiments" which you can buy as a stamp set here or as part of our die cut sentiment pack here.
“The Right Time” stamp set and “Claire’s Sentiments” stamp set
Square 6” card blank
Pink and tan gingham papers from Little Claire
Dark brown card
White Card Candi
Circle and scalloped circle dies
And here are the instructions:
1. Place the square card blank in front of you open, with the long edges at the top and bottom. Score a line diagonally across one half of the card blank from the central fold to the top corner and then fold
2. Open the card out again and decorate the panel that is not folded – this will form the base of the easel card. Layer the dark brown card, tan gingham paper and pink gingham paper as shown.
3. Cut a panel of card which is the same size as the card blank (ie 6” square) and decorate in the same way as the base – this is the top of the easel.
4. Stamp the larger owl image from “The Right Time” set and then die cut the stamped image using the circle die. Stamp the matching circle sentiment from “Claire’s Sentiments” and die cut with the smaller circle die. Die cut scalloped circles to match both of these from dark brown card. Stamp one of the flowers (from the branch) in “The Right Time” set and carefully cut this out. Colour the images using Promarkers. The colours used are shown in the photo below.
5. Glue the single flower to the circle panel as shown on the final card and stick the circles and scalloped circles together. Stick the larger circle and scalloped circle in the middle of the top panel.
6. Stick the front panel of the card to the folded part of the card blank being careful to only stick it to one half of the folded panel – make sure you have the right panel by testing how the card will look folded up before sticking the front panel down.
7. Attach foam pads to the sentiment scalloped circle and then stick this in the bottom corner of of the pink panel of paper on the base using the photo at the top of this post as a guide - this will act as the "stopper" and keep the front panel standing up. Finish with white Card Candi coloured with Sandstone and Pink Carnation Promarkers.
Hope you enjoy this week's project!
New Winter Wonderland Challenge - Embossing
4 days ago