Good morning everyone - it's Helen N here with this week's Friday Blog Project. I thought we'd have a change from Christmas projects this week and instead I'm sharing a card made with one of my favourite Little Claire stamps, the very cute 'Elephants in Squares'.
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
And this is what you need to do:
1. Cut a piece of white card measuring 21cm by 17cm. With the longest sides of the card facing you and working from the left hand side, score lines at 5cm, 8cm, 13cm, 16cm and 21cm as shown in the photo below. A little tip - if you don't have a score board, use your paper trimmer to measuring and score. Lift up the arm and blade, measure and score along the cutting groove.
2. Next stamp the 'Elephants in Squares' on to the white card using the Memento ink and colour in using Promarkers.
3. Cut out the four squares and then mat on to pieces of grey card measuring 4cm square as shown in the photo below:
4. Next, fold your base card. It folds concertina style to give six panels - three wider and two narrow as shown in the photo below:
5. Next cut three pieces of grey card measuring 16.5cm by 4.5cm and three pieces of patterned paper measuring 16cm by 4cm and mat these together as shown in the photo below:
6. These are then attached to the three wider panels of the card (leaving two narrow panels in between) as shown in the photo below:
7. Next, attach two of the elephant squares to the middle paper covered panel - use the dots of the paper as a guide to get them straight both horizontally and vertically as shown in the photo below. Remember only to put tape or glue on half of the square!
8. One of the other squares is then attached in the middle of the first paper covered panel and the final square in the middle of the last paper covered panel as shown in the photo below. Again, use the dots on the paper as a guide to line up the squares:
9. Finally, attach he outline sticker sentiments and black self adhesive gems as shown in the photo below:
This style of card would work with any small stamps - here's another example using 'Daschunds in Squares':
I hope you've enjoyed today's blog project - don't forget to pay us a visit tomorrow for our final blog challenge of the year!
Plus we've got a special treat for you:
Lucky weekend - 20% online discount (30% for club members)!
Here at Little Claire we want to make Friday 13 a lucky day for all of our wonderful customers SO for this
weekend only - place an order online and use Discount Code: lucky13
a massive 20% will be discounted from your order - and if you are a club member you will receive 30% WOW!!!
Just think of all the lovely crafting you can do over the Christmas holidays with your bargains!
Helen N x