Good morning everyone - it's Helen N here with this week's blog project and today I'm sharing a little bit of Christmas in July with one of the brand new Little Claire Christmas stamps!! This stamp is called 'Joy, Hope and Wonder' - it's a great design and really easy to colour in making it perfect if you've got lots of Christmas cards to make. You can find it here on the Little Claire website.
I've used the stamp to make a simple joyfold card - here's what you'll need to make the card:
red self adhesive gems
And this is what you need to do:
1. Cut a piece of white card measuring 29cm by 10.5cm and, with the longest side of the card facing you, score and fold to make a C6 size card with the fold line along the shorter side. Trim 7.5cm from the front of the card to leave a card blank as shown on the left of the above photo. Next cut a piece of white card measuring 18cm by 8.5cm, score and fold in half to make a second card blank as show on the right in the above photo.
2. Stamp 'Joy, Hope and Wonder' on to a piece of white card measuring 6.5cm square using the Memento ink pad - you will see that I haven't used all of the string attached to the bauble. Colour in the image using Promarkers as shown in the photo above.
3. Layer the stamped image on to a piece of kraft paper measuring 7cm square, a piece of patterned paper measuring 8cm by 7.5cm and another piece of kraft paper measuring 8.5cm by 8cm. Put the smaller of the card blanks in front of you with the fold to the right hand side (the opposite of normal) and attach the layered image to the top of the card as shown in the photo above.
4. Open the smaller card flat and to the inside of the card (as shown in the photo above) attach a piece of kraft paper measuring 8.5cm by 8cm and a piece of patterned paper measuring 8cm by 7.5cm. Cut a piece of kraft paper measuring 5.5cm by 1.5cm and stamp the sentiment on to this using the Versafine ink. Attach it to the centre of the panel (as shown in the photo above)
5. Next put the larger card blank in front of you with the fold to the left hand side as normal. Attach a piece of kraft paper measuring 6.5cm by 10cm and a piece of patterned paper measuring 6cm by 9.5cm to the front shorter flap of the card. Then, to the inside of the card attach a piece of kraft paper measuring 14cm by 10cm and a piece of patterned paper measuring 13cm by 9.5cm.
6. Stick the smaller card to the inside of the larger card - the fold on the smaller card will still be on the right and the fold on the larger card on the left (as shown in the photo above)
7. The photo above shows how the card will look when the smaller card is opened to show the sentiment inside.
8. To finish the card add red self adhesive gems to the corners of the stamped front of the card and Card Candi to the outside four corners as shown in the photo above. Finally, put some Glossy Accents on the bauble.
Here's another example of a joyfold card which I designed for one of the recent Little Claire classes using the 'Made for Men' set and 'Dictionary Definitions'
I hope you've enjoyed my project today. Make sure you keep an eye on the Little Claire blog over the next few days for more of the brand new Christmas stamps - you're going to love them!!