Hello and welcome to the first weekly blog project of the New Year!
Today, we have a beautiful Butterfly Window Card made by Louise:
Isn't it gorgeous?
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
Little Claire "Little Beauties" die cut tags
12.5cm by 12.5cm scalloped card blank
green and pink vellum
Swiss Dots embossing folder
Standard Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (largest dies)
clear shrink plastic
Leaf Green and Pale Pink Promarkers
Spray and Sparkle Iridescent Spray
Versamark and Archival Black Ink
Stampendous Kaleidoscope embossing powder
And here's what you need to do:
1. Stamp the Butterfly stamp with Versamark Ink on to the pink and green vellum and emboss with the Kaleidoscope embossing powder. Cut out the butterfulies.
2. Cut the green vellum to 11.5cm by 11.5cm and emboss it using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Attach it to the front of the card.
3. Cut a circle from the card front, positioning the die inside as show. Then cut out a pink circle and a pink frame (using the largest scallop circle and circle dies).
4. Stick the scalloped frame around the aperture on the card front and mount the green die cut circle and scalloped mat as shown. Layer the pink butterfly on top of the green one and stick on to the circle mat as shown.
5. Stamp a butterfly on to clear shrink plastic using Archival Ink. Cut out when dry and colour the back with Leaf Green Promarker. Use the heat gun to shrink - if the wings get "stuck" turn the butterfly over to heat the underside. Spray the embellishment with Spray and Sparkle.
6. Add gems to the butterfly's body and colour and add sentiment tag. Add gems to the corner of the card front and attach the shrink plastic embellishment as shown.
We're sure you'll love this card as much as we do! We'd love to hear what you think so please leave us a comment.