Morning All! It’s Lisa here with a quick reminder of our current monthly challenge and a closer look at my challenge project.
The theme of our current challenge is ‘Butterflies’ and you can find all the details on the challenge post, here on the blog. We would love to see your cards entered in the challenge and there's a fabulous prize on offer for the winner!
For my challenge project I’ve used Dinkies Spikey Flower stamp:
- Dinkies Spikey Flower Stamp
- 15cm Square Tent Fold White Card Blank
- White Stamping Card, Pale Blue Card and Lemon Card
- Alcohol Pens
- Butterfly Dies, Plain and Fancy Circle Dies
- Black Fine Line Pen
- Ribbon, Pearls, Pearl Flower and Pearl Bead String
- Cut a 13.5cm square piece of blue butterfly paper and then die cut a circle from the centre of the piece (the hole will be covered later).
- Mat the patterned paper square onto lemon, then pale blue card. Doodle a border around the patterned paper and fix to the card blank.
- Add a strip of yellow ribbon across the lower part of the card blank and the sentiment to the lower left.
- Stamp the flowers onto the left of the circle of patterned paper, stamp a second time to the right of the circle. Dot white acrylic paint onto the flowers and leave to dry.
- Colour the white dots with a yellow alcohol marker and add grass with a green alcohol marker. Add glitter glue and Glossy Accents to the flowers.
- Mat the circle onto a circle die cut from lemon card, then a fancy circle die cut from pale blue card and fix to the card blank using foam pads (this will hide the hole made in step 1).
- Die cut two butterflies from lemon card and fix to the right edge of the fancy circle.
- Decorate with a ribbon bow, a pearl flower and pearls to the butterfly bodies and corner of the cards.
I hope you like my project and are inspired to try something similar. My blog is www.craftingbelle.blogspot.com if you would like to see some more projects.
Thanks for stopping by