Hello and welcome to our final blog project of 2011 which, appropriately, is a great desktop calendar made by Heike:
And here's what you'll need to make this project:
textured cardstock in white, turquoise and black
circle and scalloped circle cutting dies
Promarkers - Dusky Pink, Tea Green, Cool Aqua, Turquoise, Khaki, Burnt Sienna, Umber, Ice Grey 1, Cool Grey 3, Cool Grey 5, black
black Card Candi
2012 calendar tab
adhesive (including 3D foam)
die cutting machine
And here's what you need to do:
1. Take a piece of white textured cardstock measuring 12.5cm by 25cm. Fold in half to create a 12.5cm square then fold the front in half again. Round the corners of the square section:
2. Cut a piece of white textured cardstock measuring 12.5cm by 12.5cm, round the top corners and attach to the front:
3. Cut a black 11.5cm square and a square measuring 11.1cm from the turquoise cardstock. Round the bottom corners and mount on to the bottom of the calendar:
4. Trim a piece of black cardstock to 11.5cm by 6cm and a piece of turquoise cardstock to 11.1cm by 5.6cm. Mount on to each other and attach to the card front:
5. Cut a circle out of smooth white cardstock and stamp the image on to it:
6. Colour in the image using Promarkers. Mat on to a black scalloped circle:
7. Stamp the sentiment on to a 7cm by 1.5cm piece of smooth white cardstock. Mat on to turquoise cardstock (7.4cm by 1.8cm) and black cardstock (7.8cm by 2cm).
8. Cut a piece of black cardstock that is 0.4cm wider that your calendar tab and twice the height of the calendar tab plus 0.8cm (Heike used a calendar tab measuring 7.4cm by 4.7cm so she cut the blakc cardstock to 7.8cm by 10.2cm). Fold in half, crease well and stick on to the bottom of the calendar. Attach the calendar tab with Velcro (this makes it easier to exchange the tab year after year):
9. Attach the image to the front of the calendar using 3D foam. Add the sentiment and two pieces of Card Candi:
10. Finish off by arranging the Card Candi next to the calendar tab:
We hope you've enjoyed the blog projects brought to you by the Design Team during the past year - we've got lots more planned for the New Year so make sure you check the blog every week for a new project!
We'd love to hear what you think of this week's project too!